I'm already in an informal group like this, why is StepLadder better?
We believe there are a number of benefits to joining StepLadder compared to joining an informal lending circle....
- It takes the hassle out of organising and administering a circle yourself, dealing with payments, chasing people who don't pay etc.
- Because of the network effects of organising these circles at scale we can offer a range of options from £25 - £1000 a month so it's easier for us to match you to people with the same financial goals
- We hold the money in a client money account before it is transferred out to members and offer a payment waiver if you were unable to make your monthly payments after buying a house
- You have access to the group buying discounts with mortgage brokers, lenders, solicitors and surveyors that we've organised for our Members
- You have access to the StepLadder Team to support you on the journey and answer your questions about buying your first home and reaching your financial goals
- We report to the credit bureau so making regular positive payments on time could help to increase your credit rating