Marketing Content Lead
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Marketing Content Lead
Are you a self-motivated, self-starter with an energetic, entrepreneurial mind-set.
Are you up for playing a key role in driving our ambitious growth targets.
Are you passionate about empowering a generation with personal finance and creating the opportunity for them to own their first home?
Are you available to start now!?
What is the role?
We're looking for a content marketing producer to lead content development for social media, email communications, website and landing pages, paid social, and other channels as required.
Working in a fast-paced and fast-growing B2C startup environment, you’ll need to be proactive in finding ways to improve the performance of content, to aggressively increase both lead acquisition and conversion to meet OKRs; as well as improve the design, content and deliverability of campaigns.
You'll need to be a brilliant writer who is able to bring a relaxed and modern character to our TOV whilst maintaining trust and professionalism required of a financial services product. You’ll have a strong design eye and be able to deliver basic graphic design and video content yourself.
You will be a brand champion, ensuring absolute consistency and quality of execution across all touchpoints.
You should apply if you can passionately:
- Build a rich, vibrant and engaging content strategy calendar to help offer the best content to our audiences
- Plan, produce and publish content for our social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook) whilst exploring additional channels to further reach and growth.
- Experiment with paid social ads, content and conversations with existing and new clients.
- Apply SEO copywriting best practices to grow organic traffic from target audiences
- Write engaging and educational blog content on focusing on personal finance; financial wellness and first home buyer topics.
- Write compelling emails covering lead nurture journeys; tactical conversion campaigns, member experience and weekly newsletters
- Be our website guardian - informing and optimising our website copy, and launching new pages, with a keen eye for detail.
- Create awesome graphics, icons and video to bring our brand to life.
- Get involved in planning and managing other channel activities as the business develops ie. events and ambassador activation.
About creative production.
We are a small self-sufficient team who currently operate to zero-cost marketing production.
You will be comfortable with creating good quality graphics and basic artworking (see our existing communications for the given standard).
As the role evolves, we will be able to add professional graphic design and video production resources as necessary.
Your experience and key skills:
- At least 3-5 years in a marketing content planning and production capacity - with experience in small, self-sufficient marketing teams (no more than 3)
- Excellent copywriting ability
- Graphic design and video production capability
- Experience with email builder tools
- Experience writing marketing materials for financial services products/services - ideally within the neo-financial wellness space.
- Digital marketing tools such as Social Media Marketing software, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads.
- Have worked for a start up business
- Have working in a regulated environment (we are FCA regulated, which comes with compliance requirements)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Top notch people skills
- Creative and curious
- Highly entrepreneurial
- Growth mindset
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary (£34,000-£37,000). Pro-rata contract terms also available.
- Fee-free membership of StepLadder Circles to help you reach your own financial goals
- Support and deals with any home-buying services e.g. mortgage, solicitor, surveyor, insurance etc.
- Professional coaching to support your personal and professional development
- Pension contributions
- Regular team socials and activities
Where is the role based?
We have a flexible and remote working policy.
We have an office space in the Rise London building in Shoreditch. Post-Lockdown, the office is now open again and we are encouraging our team to consider how and where they would like to work.
Who are we?
We’re StepLadder - a fast growing and award-winning fintech company pioneering collaborative finance and revolutionising the home buying process. Through our collaborative lending circles we are supporting people to buy their first home faster, reach their financial goals, and championing financial wellbeing.
Our current team of 10 brings wisdom, creativity and energy from around the world, and believes in collaboration, seeing things differently and making a difference. We inspire, support, educate and empower our Members and that’s also what we do for the team here at StepLadder.
Excited about our mission and this role?
Email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and introducing yourself.